Treatment for Sinusitis in Farmington, NM
Receive specialized treatment forsinusitis in Farmington, NM. Whether you need a simple procedure or surgery, our health providers will recommend an appropriate treatment for your condition. Our ENT specialists have board certification and many years of experience treating patients with sinus infections in Farmington, NM. Come for an assessment, and our doctors will prescribe medications to relieve your discomfort.
Treatments & Procedures for a Sinusitis Infection
Sinusitis is a common condition that causes discomfort and pain. Delaying treatment may cause a severe infection, requiring an otolaryngologist to assess your situation. Our doctors provide treatment for the nose and sinus in Farmington, NM. Schedule an appointment for a month or longer if you’ve suffered from a runny nose, bad cough, facial pressure, headaches, and chronic pain. We can treat your infection with non-invasive treatments and surgical procedures, resulting in sinus relief.
Non-Invasive Treatments & Procedures
- Antibiotics—Usually, antibiotics are not needed for sinus infections; however, you may need medication for sinusitis caused by bacteria.
- Saline Sprays—A saline spray is a sterile saltwater solution that eliminates particles, allergens, and germs.
- Steroids—Doctors recommend steroids to reduce swelling in the sinuses for severe cases or during a postoperative period.
- Balloon Sinuplasty—During this non-invasive procedure, our specialists place a tube with a balloon inside your nose. They inflate the balloon to clear sinus passages, allowing your sinuses to drain.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)—We use slim surgical instruments to evaluate your sinus passage problem.
- Nasal Fracture Repair—Our doctors treat your broken nose by realigning the bone and repairing the septum.
- Septal Repair—Patients require this repair when they suffer a tear or hole in the septum.