Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
FOR Patients And Patrons
The COVID-19 pandemic has spread quickly in our community. Person-to-person contact is the primary way the disease infects new people, making visits to the doctor worrisome. In an effort to protect our patients and staff, we’ve made some changes to the way our office is run so you and your family can be treated even while the virus is at large.
We are offering telehealth appointments for anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or anyone who does not wish to be seen in person. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches and chills
- Decreased sense of smell and taste
If you are sick with any of these symptoms, please stay home and give us a call at (505) 327-4429 to schedule a telehealth appointment.
We are making every effort to disinfect our office and prevent the coronavirus from spreading. Though we can’t completely eliminate the risk, we can greatly reduce the chance of our patients catching the disease. For more specific information on what we’re doing to protect patients, feel free to contact us.
As patrons, there are some steps you can take to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Put at least six feet of distance between yourself and other people.
- Wear a mask or other facial covering.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- If you think you’re sick, stay home—even if the illness is only mild. Call (505) 327-4429 to schedule a telehealth appointment with your doctor.
We are here to take care of you. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
For more information on COVID-19, call the NM COVID-19 hotline (1(855) 600-3453) or visit https://cv.nmhealth.org.